The Adventurist

Wednesday, April 27, 2011

mouse in a maze.

Latte art blows my mind.

It's a skill I never acquired in all of those three years that I worked at that one coffee shop in that one shopping center in Santa Barbara.

I'm sitting at that one coffee shop that used to be my favorite and has since become my new favorite even though it's not the same. It's better. I ranted about the chai last time but honestly the coffee here is ten times better now. And they do latte art. COME ONNN!! So awesome.

And every time I step through the doors, I'm inspired by the art on the walls.

Which leads me toooo...

I want to start painting. I could say I want to start painting more, but that would mean that I've actually been painting, and I haven't, so I'm gonna start. I think I might sign up for a summer art class at city college.

My living room is blank. One of my roommates moved out and took all of the decor with her, including her really awesome bug collection. So our living room is blank and it's depressing. Hence the urge to get my ass in gear, and start painting. Plus, art just makes me happy. Art by any medium. I need to start carrying my camera with me everywhere I go. And get a Costco membership to get pictures blown up to put on the wall.

I need to do a lot of things....like stop eating so much fried food, or maybe just stop attending happy hour. Like start training consistently for a marathon. Like pass my damn pour test at Sandbar so I don't have to use the jigger anymore (and no, that's not a slanderous term). Like start looking for a job as a personal trainer before my certification expires in August. Like vacuum up the insane amount of loose feathers from under my bed due to the hole in my down comforter. Like call all my friends from camp that I haven't talked to in ages. Like get a mentor and start going back to church. Like organize my itunes library because it's driving me insane. Like master the art of media management so I can clean up my computer, so that I can actually download final cut onto it, so then I can have a motive to buy a new memory card for my camera, so I can actually start pursuing video like I've been meaning to do since I left Oregon. Like get a hair cut. Like start cooking for myself so I can start tossing all that money that I spend on the afore-mentioned fried food, into my savings account for the the year long traveling escapades that I've just dreamed up with my friend Genna last night.

You get my drift. I'm not nearly as motivated and productive with life as I once was. And it's driving me nuts.

I am officially neurotic. Totally and completely. I have anxiety. Small things like dishes in the sink send me over the edge. I obsess over things like I never have before.

I have issues. And I'm learning how to cope. To over-ride them? Or expunge them. I'm not really certain.

All that to say, I've got some things to do.

So byeeee.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home