The Adventurist

Thursday, April 28, 2011

basted in bar juice.

I debated starting a blog entitled "PS. your bartender hates you," listing daily morsels of entertainment from the seedy Sandybarland. And then I discovered that there's an entire series of youtube videos with all of my hyper-aggravated scenarios acted out to perfection before I even had a chance to write them.

This one's my favorite...


followed closely by this one...




I worked a closing shift last night...which proved to be quite crippling for my 14 hours of baby-sitting today. (Side note...I also just picked up a weekly house-keeping gig...well hello there over-commitment, it's nice to see you again. Not) I am exhausted. And I was exhausted throughout my shift last night. 

I nearly went ballistic on this pair of foreign women last night. Foreigners never tip. Which I don't mind as much when they only buy one drink. But when they've been sitting at my well for 3 hours and have racked up $120 tab, I'd appreciate at least a couple bucks, if not several. These two particular women closed out their tab and proceeded to rudely request water from me for the next half hour or so after they had closed out. I mentioned these shenanigans to my manager. He proceeded to deny them anymore service. They were still sitting in front of my well though. So I had to ignore them, according to my manager's orders. This is not like me. I felt terrible. Then I finally did talk to the other friend, the one that hadn't been rudely demanding water and she turned the tables on me completely...proceeding to tell me that they weren't finished drinking, that they were going to tip me out when they left. How was I to know this? They closed out and left a big blank space where the tip is supposed to be. Closing out typically means you're done drinking. 

So then I proceed to buy them a round of drinks to atone for my neglect. And then they left. Without drinking the dranks. Slap in the face. Times two.

Yesterday was Big Wednesday at Sandbar, which is our live reggae night...so needless to say there were a lot of stoners out...so you would think the night would have been super chill and laid back, but no. I've never experienced such rude customers. Demanding. Over-bearing. Ruthless. I caught myself being blatantly rude in return. And then instant intense remorse set in. So I was entirely too conflicted last night and didn't get off until 3:30 in the morning...only to rise and shine again at 6am to babysit until 8 tonight. With this one hour window to blog right here.

I hope you've enjoyed this edition of "Your bartender hates you." Please go watch the rest of the series. I deal with these exact same scenarios daily. 

And then I was off to the next episode of The Babysitter's Club.

Good day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home