The Adventurist

Sunday, November 7, 2010

Of course, Of course.

This edition of the blog will be a whacked out version of the nanny diaries...

I've been hanging out with children more than adults these days and they're certainly more entertaining, at least to me.

Wild at heart, with an imagination quite comparable, my life has been more joyful due to the random children I call friends.

There's the ever constant Jemma and Rovenna. Always stealing my heart. I had a photo shoot with Rovenna at a park the other day, just as the sun was setting. She's beautiful. She's nine years old and some of the shots I was getting of her are unbelievable. Her poses and facial expressions, wow. She wants to be a fashion designer when she grows up, and I'd say she's got a modeling career in her future as well. I lost my usb cord or you'd get some of those stunning photos. My sincerest apologies.

Jemma is just as incredible. She's brilliant. We're constantly having deep conversations where she teaches me new things. Honestly, she's fifteen and smarter than me. I can't wait to see what ivy league school she ends up dominating.

And then there was Teddy and Robie. The terrorist twins I babysat a couple weeks ago. We went to baby gym and they wreaked havoc on all the other children. They're two and a half. Terrible terrible two and a half. And they have a newborn brother, making the environment that much more catastrophic.

A week and a half ago I babysat 15 month old Max. Adorable. So cuddly. And smiley. And easy. I took him out for two 30 minute walks on his trike..the kind that has the giant handle so you just push em along. So fun. Mom was rollin in the dough. Her rock was way too fat.

Then there was three year old Caroline. Gorgeous blue eyes and super crazy blonde hair. Crazy blonde to go with her crazy personality. She is zany. So fun. So loud. Boisterous. Full of character. I loved it. The answer to every yes or no question, "of course, of course." Last night I watched her while her mom partook in a wine tasting extravaganza at a wicked Montecito mansion. I watched Caroline and helped sit for 3 yr old Isabella and a less than 1 yr old Eddie. So presh. I really just love kids. I always say that I'm ready to have my own, but for now I'll just care for other people's kids, and get paid for it.

Kiddies. I love them. So much.

I'm gonna go wash the play-dough residue off my skin.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home