The Adventurist

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Another Word for Nestled.

I'm writing a guide to Santa Barbara.

I'm currently researching and writing about all the best hotels and resorts to stay.

And every single one of their opening paragraphs on the homepages of their websites say they are "nestled." Nestled in the foothills of the Santa Ynez mountains. Nestled between the beach and the mountains. Nestled near the golf course. Nestled next to State Street and shopping. Nestled here. Nestled there. Nestled everywhere.

Nestled just became one of those dead words that your second grade teacher warned you not to use. Other examples include nice, and very, and like, and bad, and good. Throw nestled in there now because it's tired and over-used. And I'm a culprit.

I thought I was being cute and cunning when I threw nestled into the overview of my guide.

Apparently, I'm just like all the rest. Nestled into the clan of dead word executors.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home