The Adventurist

Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's Happening.

Dude.

Day 1.

Week 1.

2 hours 'til campers arrive.

The time is noooowwwwww.

I wept in all camp worship this morning. That's the first time in a long while that the Spirit has moved so deeply within me in the company of so many. I worship with abandon most often when I'm alone.

But today was different.

I was overwhelmed with Christ's presence in the club room. All around me were summer staff and work crew, assignment team and property staff.

As the tears rolled down my cheeks, all I could think about was my job. How unbelievably undeserving I am of this gift that I've received. I get to walk with campers through this week. I get to capture their joy, their giggles, their initial experience with the abounding love of the Lord. And I get to creatively throw all of that into a movie that they will take home with them. It blows me away, that this is my job. I'm so very grateful.

The energy is dripping off chins everywhere. Although the sun is hiding momentarily, the warmth radiates off the hearts of these servants. The summer has arrived.

Welcome.

You may not be hearing from me as often as I'll be swamped with shooting, with editing, with producing.

But I'll try and pop in as often as I can.

Thanks for reading dear friend. Thanks for praying. Thanks for caring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home