The Adventurist

Monday, May 10, 2010

Summer.

It is finished.

The wedding is over. I made it through. Captured all the most important moments. Now I just have 8 hours of footage to sort through and edit. No big deal right? Ha.

It is finished.

I moved out of my old room and into a new one. Sonia and I are sharing a room this summer. I'm on the top bunk. I think I'll keep a tally of how many times I rack my head on the ceiling over the course of the summer. Should be fun. I really am so stoked to share a room with Sonj though. Not only do I save money but I get my best friend in my presence always.

Summer is nearly here and I'm freakin' out. It's wild. Daniel, Sonia, and I were dreaming about the future again when we realized that we only have 4 months and 17 days left at camp. Wow. Our summer interns start arriving this week. One of our roommates is getting here on the 14th I think. Crazy talk.

Our group is about to nearly double in size. We're at 11 and we will be at 19 by the middle of June. So crazy!! I just know the next four months are going to leap over my head and before I know it we'll be moving out. I'm certain it will be as painful as going through a divorce...except for without the consent. Being pried away from the people I've come to know and love so deeply is going to be so traumatic. Oh man I can't think about it.

Needless to say that's what's on my heart right now and I'm already grieving. Not ok. Jesus help me to remain present and intentional. To dwell in this moment. In these details. Not those of 4 months from now.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home