The Adventurist

Friday, April 23, 2010

Video.

Still in Colorado...and I recently came to the realization that I might be well on my way to breaking some sort of record....

a record for the most YoungLife camps toured and explored in the shortest amount of time.

Within two weeks time I will have meandered all over Malibu Club, frolicked around Frontier Ranch, cleaned some toilets at Crooked Creek, and of course, rolled some dough at the Ranch, my home, the whimsical, wonderful, wolloping mouthful of Washington Family Ranch.

Wouldn't you say that's a record? Four camps, two states, and two countries. Dude, I get around.

Frontier's got it goin' on though. What with the heated floors, reliable wireless internet in my bed, mason jar  jug glasses so precious I wanted to steal one (morally sound? perhaps not.), and a swimming pool heated to a pleasant 85 degrees, I wonder why I've found myself locked in a room with 9 other people playing with computers all day.

Oh wait, that's because I'm here on business. I can't complain though. My job is sooooo rad. I get to play with a brand new Mac complete with a  27" screen and Final Cut Pro version 7.0. I teared up a bit when my instructors, Mr. Dan Dyer and Mr. Brendan Boykin, seated me and said this would be the computer I would be working with this summer. The exact one. Like a kid in a candy shop, I tell ya.

I'll admit, there were moments when I nearly peed all over myself and wanted to scurry out the door with my imaginary tail tucked between my legs, due to the insane amount of information being chucked at my weak and defenseless little brain, but alas, God is good, and I made it through. And I think I'm gonna be ok with this whole video internship. I just need practice. Lots and lots of practice. Which is nice, considering I'm shooting a wedding in two weeks and there are a myriad of music videos moseying around in my mind, just waiting to be shot and edited.

And I'm not the only giiirrrlllll!! I thought I was going to be the only girl here, considering the video internship is fairly male dominated. Most things techy at camp normally are. But Jillian and Courtney are here and they are delightful. Jillian will be at Lost Canyon and Courtney will be at Lake Champion. They're both about three years younger than me, but that's alll good. We just spent hours bonding over youtube videos. You know how that is...

And now it's time to lay my frazzled little media jargon filled head to rest, so that I can pummel it again tomorrow.

Spiritual side note...I just read through half of Leviticus and nearly laughed out loud (probably not the proper reaction, forgive me) as I pictured us sacrificing animals in modern day society. I think that that is all we would have time for. Sinning and sacrificing. We sin so often that we would constantly be sacrificing and there would be absolutely no time for anything else. Don't you think?

Well thank you Jesus for a most prosperous and productive day, and for being the ultimate sacrifice. Seriously, you da bomb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home