The Adventurist

Tuesday, April 20, 2010

Royalty.

I'm currently living the life of a princess. Legitimately and completely.

I woke up to the sun shining through my windows. I got lost in the guest bed. It's the perfect size, leaving just enough room for my feet to hang over the edge. The cornflower blue bedding is aesthetically pleasing and the down feathers soothe my weary body.

Upon prying myself up and out of the comfort, I decided I wanted to test my lungs and engage them in a gritty battle with the altitude. Went out for five miles and everything about it was perfect. The air, brisk and still. The sun, perfect position in the sky. The geographic location, absolutely majestic. I adore running in unfamiliar places with no destination. Makes me feel like a pioneer, an explorer on an expedition to discover new ground unknown to these curious feet of mine. I found some sweet trails that led to a sweet river and that's where I discovered that no matter where I choose to lay my head at night for the rest of my life, I must be within running distance of moving water come morning time. I could sit next to chattering water for my whole life and never get tired of it. Running water is mesmerizing. It's so constant and faithful, and yet so uncertain and ever-changing. It's always moving, always changing location. It never visits the same place twice. It's always wandering and challenging boundaries, carving new crevices, bringing life to all things parched.

After my all too fulfilling run in which my lungs did a victory dance all over that petty altitude, I took a shower with luxury. Felt like I was bathing under a waterfall. Thoroughly delightful.

I cleanly sat down to a breakfast of biscuits and jam that were said to be capable of changing my life. And I think they did. With the perfect amount of butter and jam, the flaky morsels danced in my mouth causing a sort of euphoria unbeknownst to me before. Washed down with a freshly brewed cup of coffee complete with a dash of half and half and a sprinkle of vanilla bean sugar, my life was complete at that moment. Took a refreshing dip in the Bible. Confided in my journal for a moment. And now here I am in my most cherished environment yet again, that of a cozy coffee shop. Only this one's a tea house as well. Sipping on a sour peach tea and listening to my newly acquired 500 Days of Summer Soundtrack, life is good. God is good.

Aside from my toothbrush falling in the toilet this morning, I think that today is going to be another fruitful day.

Thank you, praise you, Jesus, you really are superb.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home