The Adventurist

Monday, June 14, 2010

Indecent Exposure.

Not only did I get dominated in Gladiator jousting 4 times in a row a couple days ago, but I witnessed a man breaking a carnival game one-handed, and a little boy partaking in a misdemeanor of indecent exposure (also know as public urination).

Let me explain.

The jousting was purely to provide entertainment to the innocent bystanders. Little did they know that my center of gravity apparently doesn't exist as I got tossed off the beam four times in a row. Katie rocked my world as she beaned me off balance repeatedly. I bowed down to her once we had removed our padded helmets and relinquished our q-tips to the contenders next in line. I almost played incontinent but for once I held control of my bladder amidst the uncontrollable fits of giggles.

The man. The man with one hand. I mean, he had two hands, but he only held the hammer with one. The strong man broke The Strong Man with one hand. It was that game that you hit the metal plate to see if you can ring the bell at the top. You know the one. Sonia had played just prior to the strong man. According to the names of the different levels of strength on the game, Sonia was a sad sack. The strong man hit the plate so hard he busted the spring. The spring could have caused some detriment to those nearby but alas, all were safe.

We narrowly escaped the flying spring, but we were unable to avoid the visions of naked boy peeing in public. There he was pants around his ankles, firing the hose straight in the air. His mom was mortified but could do nothing but watch, and aim him. Almost lost control of my own bladder in the monotony.

Carnivals make for quality entertainment. Especially when your friends end up in the dunk tank.

Now, here I am in Sisters once again, reading, and writing, and dreaming. As usual. Check out my new retreat center...

Yeah. Magical. Praise God for new friends that reek of Christ's love and hospitality. I'm off to play with Lisa and her family at the river now. My goal is to try and be better about pictures. I know I'm all about the words...and I think I do a fairly good job at painting up the pictures with my words, but I guess they can't ever really do justice. So from now on, I will try and include at lease one picture each blog. Deal?

Ps. I produced my first movie. I filmed the wedding in May and finished the movie two days ago. Shared it with the couple and I'm sharing it with the community on Wednesday. Being affirmed in my summer job daily. Speaking of summer, it starts on Saturday. Prayer is appreciated cuz it's about to crazy up in hurrrrrrrr!!!

Much love to you. Stay tuned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home