The Adventurist

Saturday, August 14, 2010

Newsies.

Forgive me Father for I have sinned.

I did it. Yup. I did. I yelled at a camper today. Ok, maybe yell isn't the correct word choice, more like questioned fiercely.

Today was my second to last field games film sesh. Field games ends with a crud war. Today, a campie looked directly at me, and then threw crud directly at my camera lens. Point blank. I got so mad, and said "Why would you do that?!" And then I immediately felt bad as he looked back at me sheepishly and said, "I don't know." About three minutes later a girl tried to shoot a can of shaving cream directly at my lens. Ridiculousssss!! Middle schoolers have no concept of monetary value. Obviously.

So the news as of late, I want a baby. A couple days ago I got to hang out with my friend Teagan and her new baby. We went to Smith Rock for a little rock climbing sesh. Man, that is a big rock. If you've been there, you know what I'm talking about. If you haven't, you should google it. I was astounded. Definitely a rock climber's heaven. I'm not a rock climber and I was even feelin' a little giddy. Katie, Teagan, and Teagan's boyfriend Matt all got their climb on, while I sat in the shade gazing at baby Madison. I've shared this pretty openly the last couple months...this past 6 to 8 months I've thought more about marriage and babies than I have in my whole life. And it's because I'm surrounded by it. There are babies all over my community. Lots of them. And living and working with two very young married couples who are interns with me gets me pondering. We had a wedding out here at camp and so that was consuming the minds of all for awhile, and now, every time I sign onto facebook, another friend has wed. Got me yearnin' for a husband and some babies in the womb.

I know. I know. You think I'm crazy. But am I?

More news as of late, I'm obsessed with Vimeo. Every time I have a spare moment I'm all up on that website getting inspired.

Watch this...http://vimeo.com/10704940

and then watch this...http://vimeo.com/13768695 (there's one really inappropriate scene in this one, close your eyes)

I'm working on assembling my own production crew for my STA video. It's gonna be so sick. I'm so amped for this project. It's gonna be so fun to assemble...so fun, that I might not even care if I win, because it will be so fun to create. Ok, ok, I do care if I win, but I'm still so stoked.

I'm stuck on stop motion. I am soooo fascinated by this idea...

Please watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lzRKEv6cHuk

and then watch this...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtbQ4J3RfQ8

and one more...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKWdSCt4jGE

I know, I'm getting carried away. But I've discovered this new avenue that I just can't turn off of.

Some more news as of late, Amadeus has taken the backburner to Mr. Snidely. Yesterday at the welcome, work crew kids kept coming up one by one as they got wind of the permanent stache on my index finger. I would show them my unicorn but they were so much more entertained by the Snidely. I also learned how to do "the reject"...which everybody thinks to be "the jerk" but they are ill-informed. What people think is "jerking" is actually "rejecting." Soooo...yeah. I'm workin' on it. But I'm white, so it's a little more complicated.

I just practiced doing the reject and now I'm sweaty.

And it's time to get my booty to work sooo...

G'bye.

Oh..ps...I watched an 88 yr old woman and a 90 yr old man ride the swing yesterday. Epic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home