The Adventurist

Monday, August 2, 2010

Higgledy-Piggledy.

Sipping iced coffee in Sisters whilst listening to some smooth jazz. Couldn't be more content.

I've been dreaming all day. You know how I do.

I've been scheming up ways to lasso next summer's STA World Traveler Internship. And I'm slightly obsessed with the idea of winning that thing. For the past couple days, it has consumed me. Swallowed me whole. Google it right now and tell me that I'm not absolutely perfect for this job. They want someone who can write, edit video, and take sweet pictures...and obviously loves to travel.

Helloooooo!!

I'm gonna go ahead and snatch the Young Life catch phrase for this one and say that I was made for this.

Fo real dough. Over-risen, sticky, sloppy, floppy dough.

So anyway...I've been sorting through years of pictures and videos, decoupage-ing ideas together on the canvas of my brain. I think I got it in da bag. I've never been this confident about anything in my whole life.

I'm going to see Despicable Me tonight. Word on the street is that there are fluffy unicorns in it. Tickle me pink.

Another session ended today. Third session peeps are rolling into camp as I speak. Type. Sit. And then we only had four weeks left of summer.

And then I only had two months left in this year long internship. Less than two months. Hot dang.

And onto heart matters. I've started gearing up already. Arming myself for the battle, the battle of being torn away from this place. I know I'm going to lose and lose miserably, but nevertheless, I will attempt to protect my heart, most likely with an empty bag of Doritos and a couple crushed pop cans. Yes, sometimes I eat my feelings.

After the crushing waves of nostalgia settled down this morning, I started thinking about life in Santa Barbara again. I talked to my brother. And he wants to move with me. So now I'm on the hunt to find him a job. I love my brother deeply and since the day we were wrenched apart (I was 11, he was 6) I've longed to live with him again, to be able to see him daily, and affirm him and encourage him, and just be his big sister.

So God willing, I'll get what I've always wanted. If you know of any jobs suitable for a young and handsome, hard-working eighteen-year-old high school graduate, please holla atcha girl.

Cha girl being me.

Seven videos down. Four to go.

Summer is leaping over my head like sheep in sleep.

I've been proposed to and professed to countless times this summer. High schoolers and middle schoolers alike. Should I be flattered, because I'm feeling a little unsettled. It's just a ploy to get on the camera.

I gotta say...I love the middle schoolers, not because they compliment so freely (a young girl yesterday said to me, and I quote, "Have I told you that you are absolutely beautiful?"), or because they are so tiny and precious, or even because their energy is astronomical...it's because for the most part, they aren't about the opposite sex yet. They aren't constantly sunbathing. They're fun...instead of finicky. Not to say that I don't like high schoolers. I do. I just love middle schoolers a little bit more. Which is a bit unconventional according to the common consensus.

So I don't feel bad for picking favorites. Because they're always the disfavored.

Um, hello Wyldlife, yeah, I think I'd like to lead you in a couple years, when I'm done globe-trotting.

Ok, get out of my head now people. I'm starving. Tis time to feed my face.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home