The Adventurist

Tuesday, May 10, 2011

apprehended.

It's been a long time since I've been on a road trip of this magnitude. A whopping 6 months at least...actually 7 1/2 to be more precise.

I've experienced weather of all sorts in the past 24 hours. Rain. Snow. Hail. Fierce wind. And of course, lethal rocks.

Yes, I've played victim to a rogue rock. Some silly semi chucked it at my windshield.

Awesome.

Sitting here in Reno, NV. Biggest little city in the world. Who really knows what that means anyway. And why there's such notoriety in claiming it to be so.

Anyway, I'm off to Oregon today. There's caffeine in the bloodstream, about to be a copious amount of food in the belly, sleep crust freshly removed from the eyeballs and of course, some plastic mainstream pop waiting patiently to be played on the radio.

Love road trips. Love adventure. There's anxiety in my heart but hopefully it dwindles upon arrival.

Arrival at camp.

I'll park my car and pop the trunk. The dirty laundry's out for all to see.

I don't really know what this trip has in store for me. What God inside this trip has in store for me.

Trying to be open. Unabashedly honest.

I'm scared.

Wish me luck. Me sandwiched between wish and luck. Ha. That's just poppycock.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home