The Adventurist

Saturday, June 29, 2013

summer is upon us.

I woke up this morning lathered in sweat, meagerly covered with a Harry Potter snuggie, feeling like I just stepped off a merry-go-round. Head reeling and bowels bubbling, I reflected on the evening prior as I decided whether or not it was a good idea to stand up and head to the bathroom.

Another night of graduation celebrations comes and goes, leaving in its wake the revelrous cloud of memories and relentless headaches that nag throughout the day, reminding you just how old you really are. I just don't bounce back the way I once did. Woe is me.

After peeling off the magically delicious slightly moist snuggie, I stepped outside and was abrasively confronted with this...


What a wonderland. My friend Taylor lives here. This is her life. Everyday. Although I'm jealous of the  view, I certainly don't envy the drive she makes everyday to get down from that haven. 

I recently acquired a job at a resort here in town that is preposterous in its luxury and expense. The man training me the other evening told me a story of a customer purchasing a $2600 dollar bottle of wine and proceeding to leave a $1000 tip for the server. I don't even know how to feel about that. Although I won't be working in the fine dining establishment, I have a feeling this job will be quite lucrative and allow for some adventuresome summer exploits on my days off. 

In other news, my nephew is getting cuter by the minute. See for yourself...

He's the reason I decided not to continue my pursuit of that campy teacher job up in Oregon. That would have been a magical experience but this little man has me tethered up here in southern California for a long time comin'.

I took part in Santa Barbara solstice celebrations for the first time since moving here 8 years ago. I got into it with a little dinosaur man that strongly resembled Michael Cera. The transgression of events can be seen below...

I can't really say why it happened. It just did. Blame it on the strange energies that rain down upon us in this longest day of the year. Believe me, shit got weird in this parade. The Wizard of Oz section of the parade had a giant Pikachu looking float acting as the centerpiece. Our whole clan sat on the sideline scratching our heads in bewilderment as we continued to try and figure out who was what and why they were doing what they were doing.

It was entertaining to say the least.

That's all for now folks. I'm off to don my long sleeve all black pants suit. It's altogether de-feminizing and leaves me sweating buckets as I greet these filthy rich people with my petty "Hellos" and "Good Evenings." It's gonna be a good summer.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home