The Adventurist

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Blogging just to blog.

So...tonight was going to be my last official night out in Santa Barbara. I'm moving to Oregon next next Wednesday and I wanted to have a last night out on the town...so much for that.

This leads to that and that leads to drama central and needless to say, me and two of my best friends are not speaking to each other. Oh how I love a good night out on the town. It definitely doesn't end like this one just did.

But I did learn a lesson...a lesson about humility. I really thought that I had been humbled to my max while I was in India...but of course there's always room for more. I learned that the word stubborn should be erased from the dictionary. That way...maybe people won't know what it is, and that way they can't use it as an excuse...myself included. Stubborn is never a good quality to have...so let's just all agree to draw a line through it, throw it off a cliff, stab it in the back and make it nonexistent....because it's not worth it. If I've learned anything from tonight, it's that your ego, your pride, your incessant willingness to be stubborn...is not worth it.

Seriously.

And now I'm going to bed...sad and alone...because the word stubborn does indeed exist and therefore, people insist on grasping tightly to it...and for what?

Can anyone answer that question and then turn around and look themselves in the face and feel proud of what they just said...no, because stubborn is stupid. And therefore, it should be erased.

Good night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home